Should I stand my ground or give in to the perceptual abuse?

Should I stand my ground or give in to the perceptual abuse?

I’m confident I’m following my court order to a tee and exchanging my daughter where I’m supposed to. She wants a change and have me drive all the time and 4 times as much this summer.  My choices are:

1. follow the order, not give into her control  and have the police called on me for the 11th time with my daughter around. (Never committed or been charged for a crime) nor will I this time. 

2. Give into my abuser for the chaos she brings and save my daughter from the abusive behavior. 

Court is a long process and will run its course due to the 10 years of abuse and mental health is exposed. In the short term, any advice for my no win situation? Stand my ground and manage the police with my daughter around or give into the perpetual abuse to shield my daughter from the drama? So torn.

Here is what she emailed me:
RE: Pick up and Drop off

If our daughter is not dropped off at 12:30 at My friends I will call the police for parental abduction as you are not authorized to have her passed 12:30. And have agreed upon dropping her off on camera at My friends.

2 thoughts on “Should I stand my ground or give in to the perceptual abuse?

  1. If her requests are against the custody arrangements then you need to report it. You need to keep record of her threatening phone calls and messages and present everything to an attorney or mediator. If you know the exact days of her past false claims and calling the police then record those to.
    Use the legal system to protect yourself.
    But do not tell her what you are doing. Just go about your business as if nothing has changed until you have legal protection or guidance.

  2. Do not talk to or email her before you do the following. Make a police report in person. Print out the email and take a copy of the court order. Take evidence of her false reports to police in the past. Ask if they can charge her, if she does it again. (they can) Follow the court order to the letter.
    Talk to a lawyer. You may be able to sue her for defamation, if she represented the allegations as facts in any written communication, including email. Good luck.

Comments are closed.

Comments are closed.

Privacy Preference Center